Tuition Fees 2020-2021
Fees (CDN $)
Full Year = 2 semesters
Half Year = 1 semester
- Application Fees: (non-refundable) $250
- Tuition Fees: Full Year - $11 300 Half Year - $5650
- Homestay Fees: $890/month):
- Full Year: $8900 (10 Months) - includes airport pick up on arrival and drop off on departure as well as all days based on designated arrival and departure dates
- Half Year: $4450 (5 months) - includes airport pick up on arrival and drop off on departure as well as all days based on designated arrival and departure dates
- Extra Days: $35 per day (only applies when students need to arrive earlier than designated dates or depart later than designated dates)
- Homestay Placement Fee: $500 initial / $250 Returning
- Medical Insurance: Full Year - $600 Half Year - $350
(Please note students in our homestay program must use our insurance provider)
- Bus Pass (If not pre-paid for the entire term, cost will be $60/month through city transit office)
- Full Year bus pass $500 (10 months)
- Half Year bus pass $250 (5 months)
- Activity Fee (Includes a couple of day trips each semester outside of the city including Banff and approximately one group activity per month)
- Full Year Activity Fee $450
- Half Year Activity Fee $225
- Revalidation/Legalization of Documents : $145
All fees may be subject to change.
Please note textbooks, school supplies athletic and field trip fees are not included. Text book and school fee approximately $100/year, athletic fees are approximately $100 - $600 depending on the sport)
Refund Policy and Deadlines
Semester 1 (September - January) application deadline is May 15 Semester 2 (February - June)
application deadline is November 15
$250 Application Fee is due upon application and is non refundable.
$500 Homestay Placement Fee (If applicable) is due prior to the Application Deadline for the first
semester the student is planning to attend. This fee is non-refundable after the application
Full payment of all fees are due and payable in Canadian dollars by June 15 for semester 1 and by
December 15 for semester 2.
Withdrawals from the program and Refunds:
Students must give Red Deer Public Schools a written notice of withdrawal
Withdrawal before the program begins and before the application deadline, students can choose to
defer to a future semester.
If a student’s visa or study permit is denied, all fees will be refunded with the exception of the
Application Fee and the Homestay Placement Fee (if the student was already matched with a host
family). Refund request must include the formal letter of refusal from Canada Immigration.
Withdrawal from the program after the Application Deadline: 25% of one semester tuition (as well
as the $250 Application Fee and the $500 Homestay Placement Fee) is retained by RDPSD if the
acceptance documents have been issued and registration is cancelled after the application deadline
(May 15 for Semester 1 / November 15 for Semester 2)
There will be no refunds after the semester has started. No exceptions.
No refunds will be granted to a student who is dismissed from the program due to a breach of the
law, policy, regulation or student participation agreement as determined by the Government of
Canada, the police, and Red Deer Public Schools.
Red Deer Public Schools are not liable for losses/expenses that may occur as a result of the
district not being able to provide education owing to labour disputes or causes beyond its control.
If students are denied entry to Canada by the Canadian government due to travel bans prior to the
start of the program, this will be treated the same as a visa denial. The students would receive a
full refund less the Application fee and the Homestay Placement fee OR they can defer to a future semester.
How to pay fees:
Red Deer Public Schools has partnered with Flywire to accept fee payments.
For more information on making your payments through Flywire please read:
How to Pay - English
How to Pay - Chinese
How to Pay - French
How to Pay - German
How to Pay - Japanese
How to Pay - Korean
How to Pay - Portuguese
How to Pay - Russian
How to Pay - Spanish
How to Pay - Vietnamese