Red Deer Public Schools needs host families for International Students for:
- Semester One (September - January)
- Semester Two (January -June)
- School year (September - June)
- Short term placements of 1 to 3 months.
- Note the 2020/21 rate will be $725 per month.
Download our detailed guide for host families.
It will be the responsibility of the Homestay Family to:
- Utilize their caring and nurturing talents to make their new family member feel accepted as part of their family unit.
- Provide healthy, nutritious meals and snacks (while adhering to necessary diet restrictions) to ensure physical wellness.
- Provide opportunities to mix, mingle and promote social development
- Provide time for spiritual reflection.
- Provide a private bedroom for their student containing a bed, closet, dresser and desk with a lamp and chair.
- Provide academic support by:
- Assist the student in arranging for tutors, should the need arise;
- Attending parent/teacher interviews;
- Providing Internet services or library access;
- Providing quiet time for study;
- Ensuring that students arrive at school on time.
- To help students to better understand Canadian culture.