The Red Deer Public School District offers one of the widest selections of courses in Canada including:
- International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
- Advanced Placement Program (AP)
- Schools featuring Science and Technology
- Fine Arts: Band, Choir, Theatre Studies, Dance, Drawing, Ceramics
- A wide variety of individual and team sports
- French Immersion
- Instruction in other international languages includes: Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and French
- Mechanics, Welding, Robotics, Visual Communications, Business Education
| A full time academic program may include study in:
Co-curricular activities include:
- Cross Country Running
- Student Leadership
- International Student’s Association
- Special Interest Clubs
Red Deer Public has welcomed students from around the world for many years. We have partner schools in France, Germany, Japan, and China. In addition exchange students and new Canadians from all parts of the world make up our ESL classes. In addition, you are assured of receiving instruction at your level, to meet your needs, while taking academic courses with your Canadian peers. Students will take one or two 70 periods of ESL per day depending on need. After a student is accepted into our program, we will send you an Online ESL test to help us decide that student should be placed.
• Red Deer Public Schools does not require the TOEFL for entrance into the International Student Program
• ESL is available in grades 9 through 12
• To qualify for university entrance in Canada students must acquire English 30 as part of their high school diploma.
|For more information on our International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placement programs please click on the icons.|
Visit our High School Web sites linked below for further information on the courses offered.